Joining of thermoplastics using heat and pressure:
- Horizontal or vertical movement of the parts being joined during the 2-stage production process.
- Depending on the specific application and lot sizes, machines are designed as semi-automatic or fully automatic production lines, manually loaded fully-automatic machines, systems with upstream turntables, or complete turntable systems.
- Highly suitable for the joining of more than two components (bielomatik‘s record: 34 parts for a fuel tank).
Very cost-effective welding process.
- Thanks to constant welding conditions, consistent optimal-quality welds and weld strength, as well as dimensional stability of the components even in three-dimensionally formed geometries.
- Depending on machine size and application, units are actuated hydraulically, pneumatically, or with servomotors.
- Simple operation and handling, low maintenance requirements.
- Clean, particle-free welds.
- Machines and systems can be combined with non-contact melting technologies based on gas convection and infrared radiation.
- Automotive industry: Automobile interiors and exteriors
(e.g. centre consoles, tail lamps, flashers), “under-the-bonnet” (e.g. batteries, air intake manifolds)
- Non-automotive industry: Pallets, heat exchangers, induction bowls and drums for washing machines, induction bowls, heat exchangers, etc. for dishwashers, steam irons.
- Medical technology.
For further information please page
through our detailed brochures:
Hot Plate Welding Fact Sheet
Plastic Welding Directory